Our Family Planning Program provides people with the ability to control their reproductive and life choices. We provide low-cost family planning and sexually transmitted disease prevention services for women and men of reproductive age who are at risk of becoming pregnant or causing a pregnancy. We offer both women and men the opportunity to discuss and choose the right method of birth control.
Our services include:
- Family planning methods
- Birth control, including oral contraceptives, condoms/spermicide, IUD, women’s condoms, Depo-Provera, diaphragm, cervical cap, vasectomy
- Pregnancy testing
- Education and exams
- Pap smears
- Vaginal and bladder infection treatment
- STD tests and treatments
- Colposcopy for abnormal pap smears
- Infertility services and referrals
- Permanent sterilization
- Emergency contraception
- HIV testing
Locations Where Family Planning and Reproductive Services are Provided:
- Elsie Allen Health Center
- Santa Rosa Junior College Clinic
- Southwest Community Health Center at Lombardi
- Vista Family Health Center
For a list of our Family Planning and Reproductive Health providers please click here.
Insurance and Fees:
Everyone is welcome at Santa Rosa Community Health Centers, even if you are uninsured or cannot afford to pay.
We accept Medi-Cal, Medicare, CMSP, Healthy Families, FamilyPACT, Gateway/CHDP, and offer low-cost fees if you are uninsured. Families needing help to apply for low-income insurance can call 707-547-2222 (Southwest at Lombardi) or 707-303-3600, ext. 504, (Vista) for an appointment with our Certified Application Assistants.
No medical insurance? Not a problem. If you are uninsured, we offer a sliding-fee scale for office visits; the exact fee is calculated based on your family size and monthly income.
For more information on insurance and fees, please click here