Before You Arrive
Planning for your appointment will help you receive the best care. Here are some important tips:
- Complete all paperwork that has been sent to you prior to your appointment.
- Make a list of the medical concerns you want to discuss.
- If you take medication, bring in your medication(s) in the original bottle.
- If you have insurance, Medi-Cal, Medicare, or other coverage, bring your insurance card to the appointment.
- If you do not have insurance, proof of income is required for a reduced fee program.
- If you’re a new patient, bring your previous doctor’s name, address, and phone number.
Parents: Please bring child’s immunization record to first visit.
While You Are Here
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment time, so that staff can prepare you for your visit and update your personal and insurance information.
During your visit, you will meet with your healthcare provider and the medical assistant. Your health care team is available to answer questions, make follow up appointments, assist with referrals, and provide information about your health concerns.
In an effort to provide the very best medical care, we now document your health records electronically. You will notice a computer in your exam room. This is so your care team can complete your medical record information.
New patients: Please bring in all your prescription bottles at the time of your visit.
After You Leave
What if I (or my child) gets sick when the clinic is closed? We have an on-call provider to help you with urgent medical problems 24 hours a day. If you have an urgent problem, call the main number of your health center and follow the instructions for urgent, after-hours care. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
Prescription refills: If you need a prescription refill, please contact your pharmacy first. They will send a request to your doctor to approve the refill. Please allow 5 business days for a routine refill request. If you are out of medication, please let the pharmacist know so that they can expedite the request.